Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Art Attack!!

Some more work for my faithful followers...

Okay, so lately... I've been experiencing just why body-sketching is so important... I guess it took me long enough, huh? Anyhow, I drew the above with a blue pencil. Kinda a new practice for me. And after I loaded this in, I realized it was too light -- so, I quickly ran a regular pencil over it.

I've realized something now, about faces, that I never realized before. And on that suspenseful note, I remind you to log back soon, as I reveal just what exactly I learned, and what I hope to do to change it.

Got some oval templates the other day, and couldn't wait to try it out. Hints, so many circles. Also, tell me what you think of the hand sketch... I kinda don't like it. Fingers look like melting cheese..
Rough sketching... Not too much to say.

The big one, is a picture I'm currently doing of Johnny Storm, The Human Torch! It's been a real learning experience though, playing with the flames rolling of his shoulder and head, etc. Hope to post the finished version as soon as I'm done.

This attempt at a dude flying, is actually an older drawing than the other above pics... But, I just wanted to post it anyways. And on a side note, my inspiration for this sketching was the anoucnment that Paul Levitz will return to the Legion of Super Heroes this spring! And, as if that wasn't exciting enough, rising star artist Yildiray Cinar is doing art! (I'm new to his work, but so far, I'm a fan!) So for anybody who cares, here's a link to the article over at the DCU blog.

I'm reading a book right now, preaching the importance of knowing the human anatomy. So, above are some attempts at the overall structure of the human head.

More to come, so stay tuned!

No comments: